I’ve been a little obsessed with cauliflower lately. Thanks to Trader Joes (cauliflower pizza crusts and riced cauliflower = YUM)! I definitely love my bread and not sure I could ever go completely gluten-free, but I do love many of the gluten-free options lately. I try to eat healthy for the most part and these rolls are seriously AMAZING! Everything bagels have been my absolute favorite since I was a little girl (layered with a thick serving of cream cheese of course…WEAK!). I wouldn’t say they have the texture of a bagel by any means, but the flavor is spot on and they don’t weigh you down like a bagel would. They feel healthy yet indulgent. See the recipe below and I’d love to hear your thoughts. Enjoy!
The recipe takes about 50 minutes from start to finish and serves about 8 people. Well, I ate about 4, so maybe it really serves 3-4 people. 😉
- 1 medium head cauliflower, riced – 4 cups
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 Tbsp. everything bagel spice – Trader Joe’s has one that is amazing!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the paper lightly with nonstick spray
- In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower rice with the almond flour, garlic powder, and salt
- Mix in the whisked eggs to combine
- Divide the mixture into 8 even pieces and roll into balls
- Transfer the balls to the prepared baking sheet and top each with 1 heaping teaspoon of everything bagel spice
- Bake until the rolls are golden brown around the edges and dry to the touch, about 35 to 40 minutes
- Let the rolls cool for 10 minutes before serving